Great Wall Hiking: Small Group
From £112 per personBook now
- Discover the wild Great Wall at Simatai West
- See the restored Great Wall at Jinshanling
- Enjoy great photo opportunites
- Have a traditional unch at local farmer’s restaurant
- Experience it all in a small group of travelers (maximum of 8)
This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers here. Some have two storeys, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. This section of the wall is wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.
- Air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver
- Personal English-speaking hiking guide
- Entrance fees to Great Wall for the two sections
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks on the Wall; lunch in a local farmer’s restaurant
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tipping to hiking guide/driver recommended on good service
McDonald's at Oriental Kenzo, 48 Dongzhimenwai Dajie. 东直门外大街东方银座麦当劳 Meeting directions: Dongzhimen Station, subway line 2, Exit C. Turn right after getting out of the shopping mall. Guides will place a company logo in front of their van, and your guide will hold a Great Wall logo.
Comfortable shoes or boots, sun cream, sun-glasses, lip balm and cap
• There is no toilet on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Simatai West and Jinshanling. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper
• You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. If you don’t like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be very persistent
• Unlimited bottled waters are stored in the provider's car/van, and you need a day pack to carry them
• Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers
• As responsible travelers, 'take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint'
Product ID: 52602