On this group tour, discover the majestic section of the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu, which is fully-preserved and has some of the best architecture found anywhere on the Great Wall.
What to Expect
Your tour begins early with a 07:00 collection from your hotel, for transfer to the Mutianyu section of Great Wall. This is older than the Badaling section, and is regarded as the best-preserved section of the Great Wall of China. If you like walking, you can choose to hike along it for 1-2 hours.
The Mutianyu section was built in the mid-6th century during the Northern Qi dynasty. It is connected with Jiankou in the west and Lianhuachi and Jinshanling in the east. In 1569, the Mutianyu Great Wall was rebuilt, mainly with granite, and today it is one of the best-preserved sections. It is 7-8 meters high and 4-5 meters wide, with 22 watchtowers along the 2,250-meter-long section.
The tour also includes a traditional Chinese lunch. After the tour, you will be returned to your accommodation in Beijing.
- Entrance fees to places mentioned in itinerary (excluding cable car)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (depending on location)
- English-speaking tour guide service
- Chinese lunch at local restaurant
- Transfer service during the tour
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Gratuities (recommended)