Beijing Highlights Full-Day TourProduct ID: 54667
From £175 per personBook now
- Appreciate the unique architecture in the Temple of Heaven
- Join in, or just watch, as local citizens do their morning exercises surrounding the Temple of Heaven
- Take in the atmosphere at Tian’anmen Square, the world’s biggest central city square
- Visit the Forbidden City, the imperial palace that was the home of 24 important Chinese emperors
- Explore one of the best preserved imperial gardens, the Summer Palace
- Taste Beijing Duck in an authentic restaurant
- Enjoy an acrobatic show at Chaoyang Theater
After that, you'll be taken to a Silk Factory where experts will help you see the process of silk making, from silkworms to the finished product. Your guides can also help you explain how everything is made, and it’s the perfect place to get some souvenirs for friends and families at home. You’ll gain an understanding of the different qualities of silk, to make sure that you don’t get ripped off. After that, you will visit the Temple of Heaven, a notable icon of the capital. The Temple of Heaven was a sacrificial complex for annual harvesting ceremonies during both the Ming and the Qing Dynasties. You can learn more about this in the museum accompanying the iconic temple.
You’ll have lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, and your guide will help to explain every dish that will be served. After that, you’ll be taken to the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial garden in China. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908.
Your dinner in the evening will be an unforgettable experience tasting one of the most famous cuisines: Peking Roast Duck (or you can also call it Beijing Duck).It is best known for its remarkable marinated duck,its crisp skin a rich amber hue, which you can wrap in tiny pancakes with plum sauce, cucumber, spring onion, and sometimes hami melon. Your guide will help you and explain the history of Beijing Duck, and how it is traditionally eaten in Beijing for the full experience.
After your dinner stop at the Chaoyang Theater to enjoy the Acrobatic Show between 7:15 and 8:30.The Beijing acrobatic show is one of the most famous ones in the world and is a popular tourist destination bound to entertain all ages. The young acrobats will perform tricks and feats of dexterity that you have to see to believe. When the tour ends, you will be taken back to your hotel.
- Transfer with an English-speaking guide on board
- English-speaking guide at all attractions
- Entrance ticket to the tour site as identified in the itinerary
- Meals as identified in the itinerary (lunch and dinner)
- Additional snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Hotel pick-up. Please provide your hotel name and address. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 54667