Start out early from Punta Cana for the ride to La Ceyba Park, where you’ll board a boat and head into the open waters of Semana Bay. Look for spouting and breaching, indicating the presence of humpback whales. Enjoy lunch and a swim at Bacardi Island.
What to Expect
Get ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience on this day trip from Punta Cana. You’ll be greeted by the majestic presence of humpback whales in the open waters of Samana Bay.
The Dominican Republic boasts one of the largest and best Humpback breeding sanctuaries in the world. Every year, more than 4,000 whales visit the Bay of Samana for the purpose of breeding. Your knowledgeable English-speaking host and tour guide will tell you all about the habits of these magnificent creatures.
As soon as whales are spotted your boat will make its way cautiously to their location, where you’ll marvel at the sight of these wonderful creatures in the wild. Hear the eerie but soothing sound of the male humpback singing to attract a mate.
Next, it’s time to party, so get ready for a visit to the famous Bacardi Island, a little slice of paradise, where you’ll have lunch. Enjoy the powdery white sand and swaying palm trees, and take time for a dip in the warm turquoise waters before returning to Punta Cana.
- Round-trip hotel/accommodation transfers
- Transportation by bus to La Ceyba Park (Miches)
- Light snack and breakfast
- Soft drinks on board the whale watching boat
- Knowledgeable, multi-lingual guide
- Watching whales in their natural habitat
- Lunch on Bacardi Island
What's Not Included
- International drinks
Know Before You Go
• Be sure to bring and use plenty of suntan lotion
• A hat is recommended on particularly sunny days
• Bring your swimwear and towels for Bacardi Island
• Don’t forget your camera or video camera
• Bring some money for souvenirs