Explore the backstage and private areas of the Liceu Opera House in Barcelona in the company of a specialist theater guide on a 1.5-hour tour of the main stage and other private areas. Learn the history of the theater and its decorative arts.
What to Expect
Access the backstage areas and other private areas of the Gran Teatre del Liceu on Barcelona’s legendary Las Ramblas, and learn more about the theater from a specialist guide.
The largest horseshoe-shaped opera theater in Europe, the Liceu is also the 2nd largest Italian style opera house in the world, putting on more than 10 different productions per season. Each one features the most prestigious singers and performers in internationally acclaimed productions.
Follow in their footsteps and step on the main stage. Marvel at the largest area around which the whole building is organized. See equipment that goes into putting on a dance or opera performance, recital or symphonic concert. Marvel at the fly tower, rising to 38 meters above the stage and 20 meters below it.
Hear about the theater’s reconstruction after the fire of 1994, and marvel at some of the latest innovations, such as the technique that allows the stage to be equipped so that 2 or 3 different productions can be programmed at the same time.
Explore the entire stage area, including the upper level, with the stage itself and the upper annexed areas, and the lower level 24 meters below the stage. See where the scenery is assembled and stored, and the machinery that moves 2 large mobile platforms that form the stage.
Look inside rehearsal rooms, and see the catwalks (the lateral bridges for technical services), make-up rooms and other private areas available on the day. Optional visits to the Hall of Mirrors, Auditorium, and Foyer can also be arranged.
- Entrance to the Liceu backstage and private areas
- Entrance to the historic vestibule
- Specialized theater guide
What's Not Included
- Optional entrance to the public areas of the theater (Hall of Mirrors, Auditorium, Foyer)
La Rambla, 51-59, Barcelona, 08002
Know Before You Go
• Please note that due to artistic production needs, the theater reserves the right to modify the time schedule and/or itinerary of the tour
• Please note that due to the special characteristics of the spaces included on this tour, it is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility