Enjoy an 8-hour sightseeing tour from Barcelona that combines the beauty of Montserrat with a cava tasting at a Freixenet wine cellar, and an indulgent chocolate tasting, all in private groups for a more intimate experience.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day private sightseeing tour of Barcelona's surrounds on an adventure that combines the magnificent monastery at Montserrat with indulgent cava and chocolate tastings.
Traveling in private groups for a more personalized experience, begin with a visit to the monastery and Basilica of the Black Madonna - patroness of Catalonia - in the mountains of Montserrat. Renowned for its stunning rocks, Montserrat Mountain’s monastery was founded in 1025 and remains one of the most important sites of pilgrimage in Spain to this day.
Ascend to a height of more than 700 meters above sea level for panoramic views that can stretch as far as the Pyrenees on clear days. Admire the icon of La Moreneta (Black Madonna) in the Basilica, and listen out for the boy’s choir that dates back to the 13th century.
Continue to the Freixenet wine cellar, where you will take a 90-minute tour to learn the story of Spain’s sparkling wine industry, ending with a tasting of some of the estate’s delicious cavas.
You will get an instructive introduction to the world of chocolate and how it came to Barcelona, ending with an indulgent chocolate tasting before your return to Barcelona for about 16:30.
- Luxury van transportation
- Guide in English, Spanish, or Catalan (please advise preference on booking)
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel
- Ticket and cava tasting at the Freixenet wine cellars (guide in English and Spanish)
- Chocolate tasting and entrance ticket to the Chocolate Experience
What's Not Included
- Food and drink other than indicated as included
- Entry to the Museum of Montserrat
Know Before You Go
• Cancellations made within 48 hours prior to departure are charged in full
• For cancellations of between 3 and 7 days prior to departure, a 50% fee applies
• For cancellations of more than 8 days prior to tour departure, a 3.5% admin fee will be charged