Ride horses in the breathtaking countryside just outside of Barcelona and experience a tranquil day in a nature park. Learn to interact with graceful Spanish horses or friendly ponies, and end with authentic Catalan tapas.
What to Expect
Pull on your riding boots for this 5-hour adventure on horseback in the mountains just outside of Barcelona, and see breathtaking Catalan countryside from the back of a graceful Spanish horse.
Upon arrival at the equestrian center, watch the horses being prepared, before taking a short ride in the arena to familiarize yourself with your animal. Ponies are provided for the kids, and an experienced riding instructor will give clear instructions in Spanish and English for those with little or no riding experience.
Then, head for the hills of the Nature Park on horseback, riding through shady woods of pine and oak trees. Listen to the sing-song of wild birds and uncover the secrets of the outback. See towering mountain peaks on a 1.5-2-hour ride, tailored to your skill level. The little ones will be given plenty of time to build a relationship with their ponies, and learn how to take care of them after an energetic walk.
End your adventure with a delicious snack of Catalan breads and traditional Spanish omelet, before your return to Barcelona for around 13:30.
- Transportation by air conditioned coach or minivan
- Horse equipment, including helmet for all attendees and protection vest for children
- Tour of the Nature Park on horseback
- Catalan tapas at the end of your ride
- Souvenir photo
What's Not Included
- Gratuity (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (available for an additional EUR 15)
- Extra food and drink
The meeting point is at Plaça Ossa Menor (in the Glories Shopping Center), which is easily accessible from the entrance located on Diagonal Avenue. Meet your guide next to McDonalds.
What to Remember
• Must bring valid Passport.
• Bring sun protection during summer season.
• Bring raincoat in case it rains. Please, bring a jacket during winter season. Remember that temperatures at a Natural Park will be lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
• No previous riding experience is necessary. However, this tour is aimed for people who are capable of mounting and dismounting unassisted, and who can apply basic commands with the reins to walk and halt.
• Minimum age for riding is 8 years old.
• Maximum weight for horse riding is 185 lb (85kg).
• Please inform us of any illness, previous injury or disability that may affect your riding ability
• Suitable clothing required: long trousers, leggings or jodhpurs, and closed-toe shoes with non-slip soles.