Discover the most important spiritual center in Catalonia on a 6-hour tour to the Monestir de Montserrat from Barcelona. Explore the 1,000-year-old sanctuary and its Renaissance basilica. Visit a typical farmers market to purchase handmade produce.
What to Expect
Head for the strangely rounded peaks of Montserrat Mountain, and discover the Benedictine Monestir de Montserrat sanctuary on a private 6-hour tour from Barcelona.
Following a pick-up from the centrally located Plaça Espanya, head towards the curious rocks that house one of Catalonia’s most important shrines. You will travel by train to Montserrat, and on to the Catholic sanctuary and sculpture of the Virgin of Montserrat by funicular railway.
Upon arrival at the Benedictine sanctuary, see the Romanesque statue of the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus, carved from wood in the 12th-century. Admire the carvings of Christ and the 12 Apostles on the façade of the 16th-century Basilica. Gaze in wonder at the surrounding mountains and landscape, and taste fresh produce brought to market by local farmers.
- Guided tour of Montserrat Mountain and Monastery
- Train tickets
Meet outside the main door to Catalonia Barcelona Plaza on Plaça Espanya 6-8, Barcelona
Know Before You Go
• Tours operate in small groups of no more than 8 people
• The tour takes place from 08:15 to 13:45
• Please wear comfortable shoes
• Bookings cancelled with at least 8 days notice before the start of the tour are fully refunded. For cancellations of 4-7 days before the start of the tour, you will be refunded half the cost of the tour. Please note that there are no refunds for cancellations made less than 4 days before the start of the tour
• Bookings must be made at least 7 days before the start of the tour
• Tours may be cancelled in the event of bad weather. In this event, you will be offered an alternative date
• Please note that it will only be possible to visit the Virgin of Montserrat if the line is short