Travel back to the Middle Ages, when Catalonia was a powerful kingdom, on a private 11-hour day trip from Barcelona. Explore the old city of Girona, go to the intact village of Pals, and end in one of Catalunya’s best preserved medieval villages.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona on a full-day, small group guided tour to some of Catalonia’s best preserved medieval sites, starting with the city of Girona.
Following a hotel pick-up, transfer by air-conditioned van to the old districts of Girona, beautifully set at the confluence of the Ter, Onyar, Galligants, and Güell rivers. Learn the history of the city as you explore the Jewish Quarters and Arab Baths.
Marvel at the imposing tower and façade of Girona Cathedral, and see the brightly colored houses on the banks of the Oñar River. Then, drive to the fortified medieval village of Pals, and wander the cobblestone streets of the Gothic Quarter. Uncover secrets in every corner as you make your way to the Romanesque Torre de les Hores (Tower of the Hours).
End in the well-preserved village of Peratallada, and immerse yourself in its old feudal character. There will be free time for lunch in a typical Catalan meson, and to wander the cobblestone streets on your own at leisure before your return transfer to Barcelona.
- Transportation by luxury van
- Guide (in English, French, Spanish or Catalan as indicated on booking)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
What's Not Included
- Food and drink
- Personal travel insurance
- Any service not mentioned in "what's included"
Know Before You Go
• Cancellations of 48 hours or less prior to departure are not entitled to a refund. For cancellations of 3-7 days, a 50% fee will apply. Cancellations of 8 or more days prior to departure will be charged a 3.5% admin fee