Be seduced by the convergence between tradition and modernity at 2 Catalan cities on a full-day tour of Girona and Barcelona. Marvel at the artistic motifs of Gaudi’s Modernisme buildings, such as Park Güell and the Sagrada Familia, and much more.
What to Expect
Depart Barcelona by comfortable, air-conditioned bus, and travel north to the medieval city of Girona, home to one of the best preserved Jewish quarters in Europe. Recently chosen as the location site for the new season of “Game of Thrones,” Girona is ready to be discovered by the rest of the world
Learn the history of Girona along small streets in the old city center. Take a guided walking tour through the city center to sights such as Girona Cathedral and the pastel colored houses along the banks of the River. Then, enjoy some free time to explore on your own. Take a 50-minute break for lunch (at your own expense) before returning to Barcelona.
Upon arrival back in the Catalan capital, discover some of the Modernisme masterpieces by Antoni Gaudí, starting with the unfinished basilica of La Sagrada Familia. Marvel at the symbolic - and contrasting - Passion and Nativity façades and their sacred depictions.
Continue to Parc Güell, north of Gracia. Enter the park to see perfect examples of Gaudi’s whimsical elements and organic forms. Then, go to the elegant boulevard of Passeig de Gràcia to gaze in awe at the extraordinary exteriors of Casa Batlló, Casa Mila (“La Pedrera”) and others Modernisme monuments.
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Bilingual guide
- Guided walking tour of Girona
- Entrance to and guided walking tour of Park Güell
- Guided walking tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia
- Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà and Casa Batlló)
What's Not Included
- Entrance to Girona Cathedral
- Entrance to Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà (“La Pedrera”), and Casa Batlló
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour includes some walking. You are strongly advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
• Please note that there is a break of approximately 50 minutes between both parts of the excursions for you to get some lunch (not included) in Barcelona's city center
• Please note that from 1 November to 31 March, you will visit Park Güell before the Sagrada Familia