Girona and Verges: Dance of the Dead Easter Procession
From £90 per personBook now
- Experience the traditional Passion Play of Verges
- Tour the highlights of Girona's Old Town
- Participate in one of the most traditional of Catalonia's festivals
- Marvel at the Dance of Death and see the days of Jesus brought to life
You will depart Barcelona at 15:00, traveling north to the beautiful walled city of Girona. Explore the Old Town, located on the steep hill of the Capuchins to the east of the River Onya. Your guide will explain the history of the city, from its origins in 76 BC, and the many cultures that have given it its rich architectural heritage.
Lose yourself in the narrow streets, and discover Moorish structures, such as the Arabian Baths, as well as the Roman walls. Uncover the secrets of one of the best preserved Jewish Quarters in Europe, and be surprised by the beauty of the River Onyar, dividing the old and new cities.
Then, continue to the medieval village of Verges for a short tour of its walls and towers. Get ready for the Performance of the Passion of Christ, which starts punctually at 22:00. Watch as amateur actors recreate a mysterious passion play from medieval Catalonia.
Marvel at the solemn procession, as 5 skeletons emerge dancing to the sound of a drum, providing a reminder that life on earth is short. See the main events of the life of Jesus brought to life as the village streets turn into a street theatre. After the procession comes to a close at around 02:00, transfer back to Barcelona for a hotel drop off at approximately 03:30.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Tour of Girona
- Ticket to the Passion of Christ
- Native guide in Catalan, Spanish, or English
- Hotel drop off
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals (recommendations can be provided)
The meeting point is at Plaça Ossa Menor (in the Glories Shopping center), which is easily accessible from the entrance located on Diagonal Avenue. Meet your guide next to McDonalds.
• This tour is available in English, Catalan, and Spanish
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure
• Please bring a rain coat in case of rain
• Please bring suitable shoes for walking
• No refunds are available once a tour or service has commenced. For cancellations of up to 3 calendar days before scheduled start time, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel 2 calendar days or less before the tour, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee
• All return times are approximate
• This tour operates with a maximum of 12 participants for a more personalized service
Product ID: 43698