Enjoy an 8-hour sightseeing tour of Barcelona that combines the genius of Gaudi’s Colonia Güell with a cava tasting at a Freixenet wine cellar, and an indulgent chocolate tasting, all in private groups for a more intimate experience.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day sightseeing tour of Barcelona's surrounds on an adventure that combines art, cava and chocolate - 3 of life’s greatest pleasures!
Traveling in private groups for a more personalized experience, begin with a visit to Colonia Güell to discover a living example of Catalan modernism. The industrial colony was built for Eusebi Güell according to new trends in architecture and design at the turn of the 20th century. Gaudi - instructed to do as he wanted - was put in charge of the church, which remains unfinished, and reflects the culmination of his architectural innovations.
Continue to the Freixenet wine cellar, where you will take a 90-minute tour to learn the story of Spain’s sparkling wine industry, ending with a tasting of some of the estate’s delicious cavas.
You will get an instructive introduction to the world of chocolate and how it came to Barcelona, ending with an indulgent chocolate tasting before your return to Barcelona for about 17:30.
- Guide in English, French, Spanish or Catalan (please advise preference on booking)
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel
- Tickets and audio guide to the Crypt and Colonia Güell (audio guides available in English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and Catalan)
- Ticket and cava tasting at the Freixenet wine cellars (guide in English and Spanish)
- Chocolate tasting and entrance ticket to the Chocolate Experience
What's Not Included
- Food and drink other than indicated in "what's included"
- Any other service not mentioned in "what's included"
Know Before You Go
Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure are charged in full. For cancellations made between 3 and 7 days prior to departure, a 50% fee applies. For cancellations made more than 8 days prior to tour departure, a 3.5% admin fee will be charged.