Experience one of Barcelona’s most romantic churches by candlight on a 1.5-hour tour of the Church of Santa Maria del Pi. Access areas normally off limits to the public, and climb the Bell Tower to see the bells that rang the Siege of Barcelona in 1714.
What to Expect
Discover the 14th-century Church of Santa Maria del Pi in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter on a unique night tour, and experience the romantic basilica’s architectural beauty by candlelight.
As the doors shut behind you and the lights are turned off, you are invited to explore spaces normally off limits to visitors, such as the altar, sacrarium and sacristy. Climb the Bell Tower for spectacular views over the city's medieval core.
Open to the public for the first time in 500 years, the Bell Tower can only be accessed by climbing 260 winding stairs. Once at the top, admire the bells that rang in the Siege of Barcelona in 1714. Breathe in the history of this magical temple in Barcelona, and experience it a new and refreshing way.
- Entrance to the Basilica del Pi and Bell Tower
- A surprise at the end of the tour!
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a camera if you have one
• The tour includes a climb to the top of a fortified Bell Tower (approximately 60 meters). Please keep in mind that there is no elevator
• Please be at the meeting point 20 minutes before the start time
• This tour is not recommended for people with heart problems
• Cancellations made up to 7 days before the tour will be entitled to a full refund. No refunds will be issued after this time