Explore Barcelona's medieval old town on a guided visit to El Born. Taste traditional tapas at 3 charming restaurants that are favored by the locals. Get to know the history behind these delicacies, and enjoy a drink at each of the venues you visit.
What to Expect
One of the best ways of getting to know a new city is through its food and the venues that are best loved by the local people. This tour has been designed for you to discover and enjoy the delicious Spanish tapas of Barcelona.
Between one restaurant and the next your guide will entertain you on this 3-hour tour with stories and historical facts about the El Born Quarter, created in the 12th century, when the ancient Roman walls could no longer contain the growing population of Barcelona.
El Born was chosen by wealthy seafaring traders as the site for building their manor houses and palaces, mainly along Montcada Street. They had first become rich trading with other Mediterranean countries and later trading with America.
These families also contributed to the construction of the spectacular Santa María del Mar church, also known as the Cathedral of the Poor.
- 5-6 tapas and 3 drinks
- Guided visit to the medieval quarter of El Born
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• This is a small group tour (8 people maximum).
• Comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Please indicate any special food requirements (vegetarian, allergies).
• The full price of the tour is reimbursed if you cancel at least 8 days before the tour date.
• Half of the cost is refunded if you cancel between 4 and 7 days before the tour date.
• No refund is available if the cancelation is made 3 days or less before the tour date.