Head out on a tour to discover the most extravagant Modernist buildings in Barcelona and marvel at the talent of Gaudí, one of the most important architects of Catalonia. Visit the Sagrada Familia, the Eixample district, La Pedrera, Casa Batlló, and more.
What to Expect
Learn about Catalan Modernist architect Antoni Gaudí and his major works on this 2-hour guided tour. Discover the creations of this visionary and hear how he managed to achieve his goals.
Marvel at the magnificent basilica, La Sagrada Familia, a work that is still in progress. Hear about the controversy over the interpretation of the façade of the Passion, by Gaudí’s successor, Subirachs.
You’ll see other works and important Modernist buildings in Eixample, part of modern Barcelona created in the mid-19th century as the city expanded beyond its medieval walls. Discover the ideals of urban planning of Cerdà and his original vision, in which each interior block had a garden.
Highlights of the tour include:
• Passeig de Gracia, the city’s most upscale avenue with some amazing architecture
• La Pedrera, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984, and the last civil work designed by Antoni Gaudí
• Casa Calvet, a building created for a textile manufacturer by Catalan architectural genius Antoni Gaudí
• Casa Batlló, often interpreted as the surface of the rolling sea in the heart of Barcelona
• Casa Lleó Morera, by architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner, was commissioned in 1902
• Casa Amatller, a building in the Modernist style, designed by Josep Puig i Cadafalch (along with Casa Batlló and Casa Lleó Morera)
• Basilica de la Sagrada Familia, a large Roman Catholic church designed by Gaudí, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Casa Comalat, by architect Salvador Valeri i Pupurull, and clearly influenced by Gaudi's organic forms
• Palau del Baró de Quadres, by Josep Puig i Cadafalch, and a 1900 refurbishment of a residential block on Carrer Rosselló
• Casa Terradas o Casa de les Punxes and Palau Montaner
- Professional English and Spanish speaking local guide
- Guided tour
Know Before You Go
• This is a small-group tour
• There is a booking minimum of 2 persons