Travel back in time to the Middle Ages and see how every stone has a story to tell on this walking tour through winding alleyways and picturesque squares of Barcelona's gothic quarter.
What to Expect
The past comes to life on this walking tour in the footsteps of one-time residents through winding alleyways and picturesque squares of Barcelona's Gothic Quarter. Every stone has a story to tell.
This exploration starts in the days of the Romans, continues to the Middle Ages, and then follows into the early 18th century.
Get a glimpse of more than just the history of Barcelona on this German-language tour of Barcelona. Barcelona is anything but some musty museum; it is a dynamic port city constantly reinventing itself and always changing. Every street pulses with life, and old and new blend together to form incredible scenery in a style truly unique to this Mediterranean metropolis.
The following topics await you on this walking tour:
• Roman luxury: flowing water for a convalescent colony
• A holy city gets concurrence
• Birth of a nation: a nasty affair and a bloody situation
• How the dragon came to Barcelona
• The young girl in the pines and the French soldier's bayonet
• A slightly spooky brotherhood
• The crown of Aragon: from the little city to maritime force
• We're talking to you! The advice of the hundreds and the general
• King Martin's death: the beginning of the end of codetermination
• The Jewish Quarter: the remnants of a lost world
• The Inquisition and the hound kings: praise is nothing to play with
• My Immortal: a romantic place and the scars of the Spanish Civil War
• A Gothic theme park: even houses move, stone by stone
• Watch that egg dance
• Royal palace: King Fernando fights his fears and doesn't receive Columbus at home
• Santa Maria del Mar: the first collaborative project; legends and heroes
• The mulberry grave: the vengeance of the Bourbon kings and the head of the general
• A half house and the song of the knife-grinder
...and much more.
- 3-hour city tour through the old city with a guide
What's Not Included
- Interior visits
- Entry fees
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour is suitable for all weather and runs in sun, rain, and wind - even strong showers
• In summer, don't forget a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. A little bottle of water for your thirst can't hurt either. A jacket or thin coat should suffice in the winter months
• To experience the unique groups around the city up close, the guide sticks to streets and squares on this city tour
• Admire monuments from their exteriors; museum visits and interior explorations (with a couple of exceptions) are not part of the program
• The tour is a relaxed walk; no need to rush. There is always time to stop for photos, and no one will begrudge you a bathroom break
• For the visit to the cloister, please wear at least knee-length clothing and cover your shoulders