See the sights of Barcelona by self-balancing Segway on a 2-hour tour of the modern parts of the city and historic neighborhoods. Marvel at hi-tech buildings, ride along the coastal promenade, explore the narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter, and more.
What to Expect
Experience the beauty of Barcelona by Segway on a 2-hour tour of its old and new neighborhoods, including the modern developments built for the 1992 Olympic Games.
Following a short training session on the easy-to-operate, self-balancing vehicles, start by riding along the seafront promenade from the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic), and experience the medieval streets before they open up to the sea. Ride under the palm trees of Passeig de Colom, and see the statue of Christopher Columbus at the bottom of Las Ramblas.
Next, discover the urban art of Sant Sebastià beach, full of street entertainers and sun worshippers. Admire the yachts and sail boats of the Old Port (Port Vell). Pass the former fishing village of Barceloneta, and learn the dramatic history of the Catalan people and their struggle for independence.
Enjoy panoramic views from the ground floor terrace of the W Hotel. Pause for thought in the tranquil gardens and open-air spaces of the Olympic Village. En route back to the meeting point, admire some of the hi-tech buildings and contemporary skyscrapers that are keeping Barcelona vibrant for the 21st century.
- Segway training session
- Complimentary photo service
- Compulsory use of helmets (helmet rental included in
- Raincoat (in case of rain)
- Free bottle of mineral water
Know Before You Go
• Participants should weigh between 35 and 130 kilograms (77 to 286 pounds) to ride a Segway
• Trainers will teach you safe Segway driving basics before the tour.
• Please note that the number of tour participants can reach up to 30 people at a time, but this will be divided into small groups of 6 people or less. Each small group will have a guide