Barcelona: Free 2.5-Hour Alternative Walking TourProduct ID: 42780
From £0 per personBook now
- Discover the alternative scenes of Barcelona, visit squats, community projects, and more
- Visit the ground of the factory where the 8h working day was established
- Learn how rising social awareness has led to food co-ops
- Go to Barcelona's only legal graffitti wall
- Get insider tips on how best to see Barcelona after your tour
- Hear about the urban development model named after Barcelona
- Walk past Barcelona’s oldest church and go to the hospital where Gaudí died
Exploring the often over-looked Raval neighborhood, your guide will show you a side of Barcelona you won’t find in guide books. Home to the hospital where Gaudí died and the city’s first steam factories, Raval is also the site of the MACBA gallery, famously used in Tony Hawk’s video game series, and the site of Sonar, the world’s most prestigious electronic music festival.
Your guide will talk about Barcelona’s street art scenes, taking you to a legal grafitti wall to show you an ever-changing canvas that draws established artists from across the globe.
Learn how Barcelona is often held as a model for urban development, without losing sight of the problems common to all cities struggling with the global economic crisis. Discover some of the creative solutions that local community groups are developing in the face of adversity.
- Local guide
- Travel advice for your stay in Barcelona
- Food and drinks
- Toilet breaks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meet your guide at the Travel Bar, Calle de la Boqueria 27, Barri Gòtic, 08002, Barcelona. The Travel Bar is just off Las Ramblas on the street leading away from the Miró mosaic and Chinese Dragon (Open in Google Maps)
• Guides are encouraged to make each tour their own. This is not a scripted tour. This means that no tour will be the same, within some set boundaries, depending on the weather, day of the week, time of the year, and your guide. All guides are long time residents of Barcelona. Their backgrounds and nationalities are different, but they all share the same love and passion for the city, region, and its people
Product ID: 42780