Touring through Bangkok’s Chinatown is an experience on its own, yet doing this on a bicycle adds even more flavor to this amazing myriad of street and alleys. Explore forgotten temples, exotic markets and a true look into the Bangkok of old.
What to Expect
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel lobby at around 08:00 hrs and transfer you to the starting point where your bicycles will be checked and measured in accordance to your height. From here, you head into Chinatown on your bike.
In the heart of downtown Bangkok lies the always active and often mysterious district of Chinatown. Here, alleys disappear into forgotten temples, exotic markets spill onto the streets, and striking architecture spirals skyward. This tour exhibits Bangkok's authentic dichotomy where, within mere street blocks, the lively bustle of Chinatown melts into the soothing embrace of country back roads. This two-wheeled adventure allows guests to cover a lot of ground and gain a fascinating insight into the ‘Bangkok of Old’.
The route ventures off the beaten path to see some lesser known sites that are not on the recognized tourist trail making this an interesting insight few visitors experience. A journey across the Chao Phraya River to the old capital of Thonburi includes visits to less known temples on the quiet back roads of this area, with stops at the occasional market as the group heads to the Princess Mother Memorial Park and Museum. The park contains gardens and a reproduction of the royal mother’s childhood home, as well as two exhibition halls showing memorabilia of the princess and the royal family.
Your guide will leisurely cycle back to the starting point, where your driver awaits you already to bring you back to your hotel in downtown Bangkok.
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Bike, helmet, and bottled water at stops
- Experienced bicycle guide and back-up support
- All taxes and service
What's Not Included
- Other entrance fees and expenses
- Hotel accommodation in Bangkok
- Tips and gratuities
Know Before You Go
• This tour is only operational in the morning.
• The grade of the tour is recreational easy and totals around 15 kilometer of cycling. Multiple stops en route are included.
• Please wear comfortable clothing, no specific cycling clothes needed.
• It is recommendable to provide your height for proper bike size at time of the booking.