Visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market outside Bangkok and experience the traditional way of buying and selling fruits and vegetables. Continue to Wat Traimit, Wat Pho and Wat Benchamabophit to admire the most unique examples of Siamese architecture.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day excursion from Bangkok to the famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, located approximately 65 miles (110 kilometers) west of the Thai capital.
Your journey commences with a leisurely and scenic drive through rice paddies and salt fields. En route, visit a farmhouse and watch locals producing sugar from coconut. The tour continues by boat, passing fruit plantations and Thai houses that reveal a more traditional way of life.
Upon arrival at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, discover boats of all different shapes and sizes, still used by local merchants to ferry their goods along this "Venice of the East". Having immersed yourself in the vibrant environment, head back toward Bangkok, stopping at a wood carving factory en route.
After lunch, return to Bangkok, a city of temples; the whole city is resplendent with golden spires, orange-tiered roofs, saffron-robed monks and serene Buddha images.
From several magnificent temples in Bangkok, the 3 most unique are Wat Traimit, Wat Pho and Wat Benchamabophit. The tour takes you through some of the most interesting parts of Bangkok, including a stop at the Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Po), the actual name of which is Wat Phra Jetupon, famous as the oldest and largest temple in Bangkok, with its precincts covering 80,000 square meters in all.
See the Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit), the home of a 5.5-ton Buddha image, found when the port of Bangkok was expanded, dating back more than 200 years. Stop at the Marble Temple (Wat Benchamabophit), a royal temple started by King Chulalongkorn in 1901 and noted for its dazzling, white Carrara marble.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Sightseeing tour as outlined
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• All participants are covered by a limited travel insurance in the event of personal injury, however since insurance laws vary from country to country it is highly recommended that you take out a personal liability or travel insurance prior to traveling
• To be covered by the limited travel insurance, please provide the following information upon booking: passenger name, passport number, nationality and date of birth