Best Of Bangkok: Temples & Long-tail Boat Tour with Lunch
Pickup optionalHotels in downtown Bangkok. Sukhumvit Road (last pick-up point Sukhumvit 26 and Sukhumvit 39), Khaosan area, Silom and Sathorn Road.
- Visit Bangkok’s must-see attractions in 1 day
- Admire the beauty of the Reclining Buddha and learn the history of Wat Pho
- See Wat Arun, also known as the Temple of Dawn
- Try local Thai street food at Tha Tien Community
- Explore Thonburi canal on a long tail boat
Explore the Grand Palace, the official residence of the Kings of Thailand, now used for official events. Pass Tha Thien Market, a cultural food market. Visit the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, Wat Pho, considered the earliest center for medical public education, recognized by UNESCO in its Memory of the World Programme. Learn about the history of the temple from your guide.
Rest and try Bangkok's local street food in Tha Tien. Sample Thai street food for a taste of Thai cooking traditions. Continue your journey to Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn), one of Bangkok’s most famous landmarks known for its giant tower, standing 70 meters high. Take a speedboat to Thonburi, the former capital of Thailand, less developed than the other side of the river. Many of the traditional small waterways, khlongs, still exist there.
- Professional licensed guide
- Entrance fees to the Grand Palace and the Emerald Buddha Temple, Wat Pho, and Wat Arun
- Local Thai street food lunch and drinks
- Drinking water
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Tha Maharaj (Maharaj Pier). The meeting point is right in front of Starbucks Coffee shop inside Tha Maharaj community mall. Once there, please look for a guide holding a GetYourGuide sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Short skirts
• Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect
• Photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings
• It is recommended to bring sunglasses and hat as the weather can get quite warm in Bangkok