Join this enchanting journey along the historical Chao Phraya River. Ride up the ancient waterway and spend the night in a peaceful cabin. In the morning you will explore the small village of Baan Saladang and visit well-preserved Thai houses.
What to Expect
Voyage up the proud Chao Phraya River – and backwards in time! In this 2-Day, 1-Night tour from Bangkok, explore the length and depth of Thai history. Visit traditional villages, Buddhist temples, and more on this scenic river cruise.
Day 1: Bangkok - Chao Phraya River Cruise (Dinner)
Begin with a cruise up the Chao Phraya River passing the magnificent Grand Palace and the Temple of Dawn. Contemplate the rural way of life as you pass by quiet villages alongside the river. Arrive at Pathum Thani in the afternoon and visit an outdoor market where local people shop for food, fresh produce, and a variety of Thai sweets. At sunset, we will dock at Wat Kai Tia, a Buddhist temple located in a tranquil rural village. An exquisite candlelit dinner of mouth-watering Thai cuisine will be served on the deck. You will spend the night on board the boat in your air-conditioned cabin.
Day 2: Bangkok – Ayuthaya (Breakfast / Lunch)
We start the day by cruising to the small village of Baan Saladang, an aged Mon community that migrated from Burma to this area in the early 19th century. Unlike many other communities, the villagers here have successfully maintained their traditional life style, customs, and natural surroundings.
Afterwards, you will enjoy a delicious breakfast. Later in the morning, you will disembark and travel to Bang-Pa-In Summer Palace. Built in the 17th century, this palace complex showcases a collection of different styles of buildings arranged amongst beautifully landscaped gardens with an inspiring water setting. The mansions reflect Chinese, Swiss, Khmer, Thai, and European styles of architecture. Travel by longtail boat to the ancient city of Ayuthaya to visit the archeological site of the once glorious capital. After lunch at a local restaurant, transfer by car or minibus back to your hotel in Bangkok.
- Accommodation in double-berth air-conditioned cabin on a luxurious barge
- Transfers, meals, and tours
- Water, tea, and coffee with meals on the cruise
- English-speaking tour guide in Ayuthaya and Bang-Pa-In
- French or German-speaking guide available on request)
- Pickup and drop-off at any hotel in Bangkok within the city
What's Not Included
- Extra costs of a personal nature like drinks, souvenirs, etc.
This activity is non-refundable
Know Before You Go
• All rates are subject to change depending on the cost of fuel
• Guaranteed Departure: every Tuesday & Thursday with a minimum of 2 people
• Additional departures can be arranged with a minimum of 5 adults per departure