Discover the ancient cities of Belur, Halebeedu and Shravanbelagola on your day tour. Visit some of the oldest temples constructed during Hoysala dynasty, and marvel at their spectacular art and architecture.
What to Expect
Early morning around 6.30 am, the chauffeur and guide will pick you up from your hotel for the tour. During this trip you will visit the Hoysala period temples of Belur, Halebeedu and witness Asia’s tallest monolithic stone statue of Gomateshwara at Shravanabelagola, which is a prominent Jain pilgrimage center.
After reaching Yediyur village, enjoy your breakfast. The you will drive to Shravanabelagola, famous for the greatest statue of Lord Gomateswara, situated at the famous Manjunath Temple in Dharmasthala. Visit the shrine of Lord Bahubali. The statue symbolizes renunciation, self-control, and subjugation of ego as the primary steps towards salvation.
Afterwards, have a sumptuous lunch at a local restaurant, and then drive to Belur which is located in Hassan district. Visit the Chennakeshava temple which is a fine example of Hoysala architecture. It was consecrated by the famous Hoysala King Vishnuvardhana to mark his victories in 1116 AD against the Cholas.
Later, drive to Halebeedu, which was the ancient capital of Hoysala dynasty. 'Halebeedu' actually means 'ruined city' as it was ruined by the Moghul sultanate twice. Visit the famous Hoysaleshwara temple which comprises of two shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva. Hoysaleshwara and Shanthaleshwara are the two deities in this temple. The walls of the temple consist of carvings of different deities of Hindu mythology and stories from Mahabharata, Ramayana and Puranas.
Then it's time to drive back to Bangalore and your hotel.
- Service of English speaking guide
- Entry fee to all places and temples
- Transfer by private AC Car (both ways)
- Mineral water during trip
- Breakfast & Lunch in local south Indian type restaurant.
- All taxes and service charges
What's Not Included
- Air or train fare
- Camera fee at monuments
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
Know Before You Go
• 30 days before tour, no cancellation charges
• 29-10 days before tour, 25% of travel cost
• 9-3 days before tour, 50% of travel cost
• Less than 3 days before tour, no refund