Duelling colonists, escaped convicts, gangsters, football players that can’t be killed and all of them in the place that has more pubs per person than anywhere else in Australia!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Enjoy a beer or wine at each pub that you visit
- Discover the fascinating history of Balmain and all its character and dark stories
- Learn about the gangsters, convicts and hard times of Australia back in the day whilst enjoying a nice drop
- Balmain's Oldest Pub
- The Balmain Watch House, and stories of Balmain gangsters
- The Balmain Tigers' 'Team of the Penitentiary'
- Duelling colonists
- The murderous confectioner
- The hidden treasure of Australia's most audacious robbery- and many more tales of murder, vice and intrigue
- Choice of a craft beer, wine or soft drink (285ml or 10oz) at each of the 4 pubs
- 3-hour guided walking tour
- Local guide
- Additional food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
East Village Hotel, BalmainOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- You must be older than 18 years to tour and photo ID is required to drink alcohol.
- This is not a pub crawl.
- This is a walking tour, wear appropriate footwear.
- Other times and dates can be booked for private tours with a minimum group of 4 persons.
- No tours are available on public holidays, New Year's Eve and St. Patrick's Day.