Spending your full day experiencing the stunning views in Salay and Popa, enjoy the hustle and bustle in the local market, explore the pagoda with magnificent woodcarvings and enjoy the majestic scenery from the hill top of Popa mountain.
What to Expect
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning to visit the vibrant Chauk Market where you can delve into the hustle and bustle and explore the wide range of goods from fresh fruits and vegetables to clothes and crafts.
Continue your trail to the nearby Salay Monastery - home to a 130 year old monastery with 52 pagodas and temples dating back to the Bagan-era. Intricate woodcarvings depicting Buddha's life is one of the most distinctive features of the monastery. In the entrance stands the famous Yoke Sone Kyaun- a wooden shrine adorned with magnificent woodcarvings.
After a short break for lunch, continue transferring up to Mount Popa where you can find a monastery at the hill top which is famous for being home to 37 Nats (spirits). Climb 777 steps to reach the peak of the monastery where you will be awarded with stunning views of the surroundings and the mountain itself. On your way up, you'll be enchanted by an impressive array of flora and fauna with many different species of birds and butterflies.
Before heading back to Bagan, don’t miss out on the chance to explore Min Nan Thu village - a typical Burmese village where you can find bold cultural traditions, and have open talks with friendly people here.
- All transfers & transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- English speaking guide (other language guide on request)
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as specified
- Government taxes and service charge
- Mineral water on coach
What's Not Included
- Bagan Zone fee 20 USD
- International flights in/out Myanmar
- Visa fees & travel insurance
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal expenses (telephone, laundry, mini bar, etc…)
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Tips & gratuities for guide and driver
- Surcharges if any (increased fuel charges, admission fee, higher costs over Christmas & New year, for example)
- Other services not mentioned in “inclusion”