Ballooning over Bagan is an amazing, exciting and eye opening experience. It is a splendid way to explore the hidden charm of Bagan and you'll see a great range of sites, providing a great overview of Bagan’s history.
What to Expect
Before sunrise, your guide and driver will take you to a departure point which will give you the very best views of the thousands of temples and stupas covering the plains of Bagan on an amazing hot air balloon ride.
Enjoy a light breakfast while getting information about safety and what to expect on your flight. Flying over the glorious Bagan area, you'll be enchanted by the beauty and diversity of the temples and stupas below you. A balloon flight is the best way to appreciate the temple complex as a whole.
As your flight comes to an end, you'll be invited to celebrate with some chilled wine before continuing the expedition in Bagan.
Your guide and driver will pick up you to visit to an elevated temple with spectacular views over the surrounding plains.
Afterwards you'll go to Myinkaba Village and visit Gubyaukgyi Temple. Nearby is Manuha Temple and Nanpaya Temple, two smaller temples with nice Buddha statues and stone work.
Then find out more about the local culture with a visit to two workshops producing Bagan’s most famous products: Bagan lacquerware and wood crafts.
After lunch, board a private river boat and set off upriver towards Kyauk Gu U Min. You will stop at Sae Lan village and go ashore for a little walk.
Continue by boat to Kyauk Gu U Min and take a short walk to the temple. This beautiful temple has exquisite stone carvings depicting religious figures and flowers on the door.
After your exploration of Kyauk Gu U Min, you'll will return to the boat for a relaxing cruise back to Bagan (around 1 hour).
Transfer back to your hotel upon reaching Bagan.
- Sightseeing private
- 45 mins - 1hr balloon flight (non-private)
- Light, pre-flight breakfast service while you watch the balloons inflate
- Safety briefing from your pilot
- An intimate and interactive experience in exclusive 4, 6 and 8 passenger balloons
- Boat trip as per itinerary
- English speaking guide (other language guide on request)
- Government taxes and service charge
- Mineral water on coach and basket for each passenger
What's Not Included
- Bagan Zone fee 20USD
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Personal insurance
- Tips & gratuities for guide and driver
- Surcharges if any (increasing of fuel charges, admission fee, Christmas & New year with prior notice)
- Other services not mentioned in “inclusion”