Get the most out of a local guide and his tips to help you trace out a route for a magnificent journey throughout the island.
What to Expect
Enjoy a comfortable ride in a four-wheel drive and go where the traditional tourist circuits cannot reach, allowing for a different view of the island. Through the topography of the Azorean Islands, the incredible force of nature that shaped the landscape is made visible. Approximately 747 square kilometers, the Island of São Miguel, also called the Green Island, is the largest of the nine islands that form the archipelago of the Azores. Full of natural beauty, it is a prime example of the enchantment that the Azores has to offer.
Come discover a world where the landscapes and scents elevate the spirit and soul through a journey that will take you inside sleeping volcanoes or ones whispering and steaming from the earth's core. Set the starting time and route in a fully customizable and private tour according to your preferences and sensibility.
Choose from the following wonderful choices:
- Pico da Barrosa, where throughout the route, you can observe the diversity of the local fauna and flora. An enormous crater hides the glamorous Lagoa do Fogo at the top of the Fogo Volcano 575 meters above sea level.
- Following the southern coast of the island, you'll find the wonderful Furnas Valley, a natural theater where the black basalt contrasts with the blue sea and the green hills. Discover a lagoon ripped through gardens of sparkling flowers and dense forests taking you to the world of fairy tales.
- The Sete Cidades Volcano, a geologic complex responsible for the stunning beauty of the landscape that majestically awaits you, fruit of immeasurable forces of nature. With stops at dazzling locations filling your spirit with happiness, go inside a caldera and uncover the secrets and legends that Sete Cidades encloses.
- Nordeste, where it all began. Visit the origins of the island, where more than 4 million years ago, the earth tore through the sea towering majestically more than 1100 meters into the sky. Surrounding the mountain of Pico da Vara that hides the Laurissilva forest, you'll find the sanctuary of the only endemic terrestrial bird of the Azores, the Priolo. Go on a journey to a unique land, made of peace and tranquility.
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Personal accident insurance
- Certified nature guide
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• A small amount of walking is involved
• Operates in most weather conditions so please dress appropriately, however tour can be canceled due to extreme weather conditions
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Dress code is casual
• An excellent choice for a group or family of up to 6 persons
• Private and fully customizable according to your preferences and sensibility