Explore the extraordinary rock formations and underground houses of Cappadocia on a 7-hour sightseeing tour of the classic south. Discover rock-cut dwellings and churches, and a labyrinth of ancient tunnels under the beautiful volcanic landscape.
What to Expect
Drive to the Red Valley of Cappadocia for the start of this full-day tour to see some of the classic highlights of this unique landscape, formed from soft volcanic stone. Departing central Cappadocia in the morning, drive to one of the most spectacular valleys for a 3-mile (5-kilometer) hike to discover the rock-cut churches of the Gulludere Valley.
Continue to the village of Cavusin on the road between Avanos and Göreme, and visit its namesake old village, which was abandoned several decades ago due to avalanches. Admire the church of St. John the Baptist on the top of the hill, and the barrel-vaulted Nicephorus Phocas Church.
After lunch drive to the Pigeon Valley for panoramic view and one of the visit Underground City, where early Christians lived in fear and faith. The houses here are built around the settlement's nearly 100 tunnels, and are still in use today as storage areas, stables, and cellars.
- Round-trip transfers from and to hotels.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Transportation by air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
- Any service not specified being includedin "what's included"
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces
• Comfortable shoes, a hat, and plenty of sunscreen are recommended as shade is limited on the tour
• The itinerary may vary in order to avoid congestion
• Please watch your step at all times in order to avoid injuries
• İt is not recommended you visit underground cities if you have asthma or suffer from claustrophobia
• No restrictions apply for arrival and departure times on private tours. However, those who arrive on later flights will miss some parts of the schedule and no refund is given for missing visits stemming from late arrivals
• Regular services from Kayseri Airport are valid only for arrivals at around 08:30. Those who arrive earlier or depart later may need to wait at the airport