Taste delicious New Zealand wines and seasonal food produce on a 7-hour wine tasting and lunch tour of Auckland's rugged West Coast. Enjoy views of the Tasman Sea, stroll on black sand beaches, visit a sea bird colony to see nesting gannets, and more.
What to Expect
Explore the wineries of New Zealand’s West Coast on a 7-hour scenic sightseeing tour, with an open menu lunch at an award-winning winery. Unlike many wine tours, this excursion does not follow a pre-set itinerary, and the day’s winery selection is based on what you are interested in.
You will visit at least 4 small and large producers, all family-owned and operated (some 3rd generation), with local vineyards. Most of them source their grapes from their other vineyards in the best growing areas of New Zealand. Sample Pinot Noirs, Rieslings, and Syrahs, from Hawkes Bay, Gisborne, Otago, Sauvignon Blanc and more.
Discover some less well known wines, such as Pinot Gris, Dry Riesling (and some sweet ones), Gewurztraminer, Voignier, and even - on occasions - Grunerveltliner and Albarino.
In between, you will get spectacular views of the West Coast and Tasman Sea at Muriwai Beach, walk along black sand beaches, and see nesting gannets in a protected reserve (late July to late May).
- Auckland accommodations pick-up and drop off
- Wine tasting at 4 large and small wineries
- Lunch (main course open menu) at a winery restaurant
- All entrance fees if/where applicable
- Tasman Sea and Muriwai Beach sightseeing
What's Not Included
- Drinks and dessert with lunch
Know Before You Go
• Please note: if gannets are not nesting during June, instead you'll head to Muriwai Beach (black sand) for a short walk