Explore the waterfalls and wines of New Zealand’s North Island on a full-day sightseeing tour from Auckland. Tour one of New Zealand’s best grape-growing areas, and get panoramic views of the Tasman Sea and a volcanic valley.
What to Expect
Take this popular 7-hour day tour to enjoy a fantastic combination of spectacular city views, subtropical rainforest, waterfalls, and black sand beaches, all within easy access of Auckland.
Following a pick-up from your city accommodation at approximately 09:30, drive west into hills cloaked in atmospheric sub-tropical rainforest. Your first stop will be the Park Ranger's headquaters and Visitor's Center, where you will enjoy some spectacular views of the distant city over the hills.
Continue on to a black, ironsand beach for an easy walk to some beautiful waterfalls set in a natural volcanic valley of green. Stroll past native Kauri, Rimu, and Pohutokawa trees, Nikau palms, and Punga Silver Fern trees. At the hilltop, admire 360-degree panoramic coast-to-coast views. On a good day, you can see for up to 60 miles (100 kilometers).
Next, stop for wine tastings and an open menu lunch at a nearby winery restaurant. Afterwards, Auckland's most experienced wine guide will take you to a selection of 3 local wineries, where you will get to taste some of New Zealand's best known, and some less well known wines.
Sample the best regional wines, made using grapes grown in Auckland, as well as Gisborne and Hawke's Bay in the North Island, and Otago and Marlborough - New Zealand's most famous wine region - in the South Island.
- Round-trip transportation from Auckland
- All entrance fees
- Lunch (main course from an open menu)
- Wine tastings in 4 wineries
What's Not Included
- Drinks and dessert with lunch
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour includes some wakling for approximately 30 minutes. Please wear suitable shoes and clothes appropriate for the weather. If the weather on the day is unsuitable for the bush and beach walking, you will be taken to another beach with better access