Discover the southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula on a private, 5-hour tour of Cape Sounion from Athens. Watch the sunset over the Aegean Sea, or take a morning tour to see archaeological sites from Ancient Greece, such as the Temple of Poseidon.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Athens city center and experience the breathtaking beauty of the southernmost tip of the Attica Peninsula on a half-day private trip to Cape Sounion.
Transfer from your hotel or Piraeus Port by luxury, air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz. Enjoy panoramic views on the winding coastal drive of the Athens Riviera. En route to the Temple of Poseidon, pass through the upscale suburbs of Athens, such as Palaio Faliro, Glyfada, and Vouliagmeni.
Then, get a breathtaking view of the Saronic Gulf from Laimos. Continue to Lake Vouliagmeni, known for its healing waters. Before your arrival at Cape Sounion, you are free to stop for a swim in the aquamarine waters of the Aegean Sea. Enjoy views of the sea god’s temple as you splash in his waters!
Enjoy lunch on the beach at a seafood taverna. Feast on fresh grilled fish or traditional Greek food (own expense). Next, admire the remains of the Temple of Poseidon, constructed between 444 and 440 BC over the ruins of a temple from the Archaic Period.
Transfer back to Athens along the twisting road of the Athens Riviera for a hotel drop off and the end of your private tour services.
- Pick-up and drop off from your hotel in Athens, or from Piraeus Port
- English-speaking driver
- Transportation by luxury Mercedes-Benz
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees for archaeological sites
- Food and drinks
Pick-up from your hotel in Athens, or from the cruise terminal at Piraeus Port
Know Before You Go
• This tour can also be taken in the afternoon for the chance to watch the sunset from the Temple of Poseidon
• Please note that in accordance with Greek law, the driver is not permitted to enter or give any tours inside the sites or museums. Please check for current opening times and ticket prices before the tour
• Please keep in mind that the pick-up time from your hotel will need to allow for visits to the archaeological sites if these are included in your tour
• Transportation will be by luxury, air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi
• Please contact the local supplier after booking to arrange an exact a pick-up time and location