Visit the New Acropolis Museum, founded in 2009 to exhibit all major finds from the Sacred Rock and its foothills. Divided into 4 main galleries, the collections feature items formerly held in other Greek museums and returned from foreign museums.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Explore the collections of archaeological artifacts and learn about the Acropolis site
- Visit the museum’s 4 main galleries
- Learn about ancient Greece through portraits and copies of classical masterpieces
- Walk under the museum in the excavation site of an ancient Athens neighborhood, and see streets, houses, and shops dating back to 3000 B.C.
- Admission ticket for the Acropolis Museum
- Admission to the underground excavation of an ancient city neighborhood
- Skip the ticket line service (use your voucher directly at the entry-validating machines)
- The skip-the-line booking fee (2€)
- Audio guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided tour
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The ticket price includes a booking fee, so that you skip the ticket line and enter by using your voucher directly at the entry-validating machines.
- Before entering you must pass through security check; please avoid bringing large bags or luggage.
- The cloakroom is located on the ground floor of the museum, where all backpacks and packages must be deposited.
- Free entry for citizens of EU countries aged under 18 years old on presentation of ID/passport. Free entry for all children aged under 5 years old.
- On December 24 and 31, the museum is open from 9 AM–3 PM.
- On the Friday before Greek Orthodox Easter, the museum is open from 12PM–6 PM and on that Saturday from 8 AM–3 PM.
- On March 6 and 25, May 18, and October 28, the museum has free admission.
- On the full-moon day of August and on European Museum Day, the museum stays open until midnight.