Greek Food Beyond Feta Walking TourProduct ID: 27725
From £84.24 per personBook now
- Enjoy a 3-hour guided walking tour of the Athens central market and surrounding gastronomic quarter
- Learn about Greek food and eating from a local chef and food journalist
- Discover the creation of Greek cuisine from farm to fork
- Find out about a variety of Greek food
Beginning in central Athens, you’ll explore the housewares quarter to find out about the essential elements of a Greek kitchen. Visiting a few bakeries will teach you the role of grains in the Greek diet. Then explore the vegetable market and an entire street dedicated to cheese and spices, offering not only feta, but also a variety of cheeses that you can taste.
Next you’ll enter the Varvakios Agora Market, where Athenians shop for fresh meat, fish, vegetables, herbs, and spices. You’ll explore different areas of the central market and learn about the various uses of ingredients. Then you’ll enter one of the local restaurants in the market to get a first-hand glimpse of real Greek cooking!
- 3-hour walking food-tour
- Professional guide
- Tasting fee
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Meet at Monastiraki Metro Station. If you follow the Ermou street which starts from Syntagma Square and continues towards the center of Plaka, you will come to Monastiraki Square. You will see a sign that says "Athens Flea Market" to the right side of the entrance of the Metro Station. Your guide will be at the entrance of the Metro Station next to the Flea Market sign. (Open in Google Maps)
• Children are not encouraged to attend this shared/group tour.
• Context walks can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the walk with an 85% refund. Within 48 hours all reservations are final and cannot be refunded.
• Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you telephone. No shows are treated as last-minute cancellations and are non-refundable. Cancellations within 2 business days need to be made directly with our local offices by calling them directly (or on the emergency number provided). Cancellations made via email or by calling our U.S. 800 number may not be honored.
Product ID: 27725