Spend an evening learning to swing and sway to the lively sounds of traditional Greek folk music as you uncover the movements of most famous Greek dances. Enjoy careful instruction from your entertaining teachers and then recharge with a tasty dinner!
What to Expect
It is very probable that you have watched the film Zorba the Greek on television. But even if you have not seen it, perhaps you have felt the urge to learn a traditional Greek dance or the need to experience an original Greek feast. Prepare to discover the Zorba inside you and learn the steps of your favorite Greek folk dance!
After meeting our local guide at the Acropolis Metro Station, you will have a 10 minute walk on the most beautiful Athenian avenue, Dionisiou Aeropagitou Street. Your professional dance instructor will be waiting for you in a private, beautiful place, where the dancing lesson will take place. Through a fun and simple process, with the help of our instructor, you will be introduced to the cultural importance of traditional Greek dances. You will find out how the differences between various kinds of dances. After the introduction, you will join the circle and follow the steps of popular dances like “kalamatianos” and “syrtos”. Last but not least, you will follow the vivid rhythm of the memorable “syrtaki”.
After all this dancing, you will probably start feeling hungry. What better time to enjoy a savory Greek meal in a traditional place with a view to Acropolis, while listening to live Greek music? With the company of warmhearted local friends you will be enticed into an original Greek feast, or “glendi” in Greek. Prepare to eat well, to laugh a lot, to drink delicious wine and to dance all the dances you previously learned. Enjoy yourself in a truly Greek way!
- A 1.5-hour dancing lesson with an excellent folk dancer in a private place.
- A delicious hearty dinner (Greek salad, 3 appetizers, 1 lt. of Greek wine per 4 persons - a main course & Greek dessert for each participant) in a traditional place with live Greek music.
- One or two glasses of wine or any other beverage.
What's Not Included
- Anything else you would like to order.
Know Before You Go
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants (4 persons) to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
• Cancellation more than 5 days prior to scheduled Experience: Full refund, excluding 20% for administrative and credit card fees
• Cancellation 2-4 days prior to scheduled Experience: 50% refund
• Cancellation 24 hours prior to scheduled Experience: No refund
• No show: No refund