Athens/Corinth Deluxe 8-Hour Private Shore ExcursionProduct ID: 21449
From £366.84 Per group up to 7Book now
Pick-up serviceYour personal guide will meet you at the "front door entrance of your hotel" Please be with your complete group and have your voucher/confirmation letter handy to compare with the copy your guide will have, for ease of ID.
- Our guides are multilingual. Request your native language. Many available
- Per person prices as low as €20.75 depending on size of "your private" group
- Relax in the comfort of our air-conditioned vehicles, with your private licensed guide and driver all day
- Explore the Acropolis in Athens and see the magnificent Parthenon
- Get round-trip transfers from the cruise terminal
- Drive through spectacular scenery
- See the marvel of engineering that is the Corinth Canal
- Tour the ruins of the wealthy Greco-Roman city of Corinth
- Your "great vacation" is our business!
- Take the tour (with) or- Groups of 6 or less (without) a guide. The choice is yours!
The city dates back to 5,000-3000 BC, but it is the legendary canal, cut through solid rock by Emperor Nero, that has put it on the global map. The marvel of engineering is 82 feet (25 meters) wide and 20,180 feet (6,154 meters) long.
The ancient historians Plutarch and Strabo are quoted as saying that Corinth was extremely prosperous and one of the 3 main economic centers of Roman Greece, due to its location on the isthmus of two waterways, one leading to Asia and the other to Italy.
During the tour you will visit the Corinth museum and see ancient life come alive. Next to the museum is Ancient Corinth, the actual 6th Century BC Doric Temple of Apollo, remains of a Roman city, & the Agora (market place).
Enjoy the drive through beautiful lakeside countryside on the way back to Athens, where you will go to the top of the world-renowned Acropolis to see the legendary Parthenon, Temple of Nike, Temple of Athena and other monuments. Your guide will be a treasure trove of information throughout the day, filling you in on Ancient Greek history, as well as uncovering the art and culture of the everyday citizens and Greek gods.
- Licensed guide (if you choose the guide option)
- Air-conditioned transport
- Entrance fees
• Corinth Museum and Ancient Corinth ruins, EUR 8;
Acro-Corinth, EUR 8 (student, 19 and under, and children FREE; Seniors EUR 4
• Athens Acropolis, (0 - 18 Free) (19 - Adult EUR 20)
• Advisable: In summer months you will be more comfortable by bringing sunscreen, dark glasses, hat, water, and comfortable walking shoes
Product ID: 21449