Athens Behind the Myths Half-Day Walking TourProduct ID: 60865
From £48.04 per personBook now
- Learn the myths behind the ancient sites of Athens
- Hear stories of Greek gods and Spartan armies
- Discover more about society in Ancient Greece, and why Athens became the center of the world
- Go to hidden sites, known only to locals
- Visit the ruins of temples, and the remains of ancient cemeteries
Meet your guide at the main entrance to the Temple of Olympian Zeus next to the Acropolis. Hear about the birth of the glorious city, through to its Golden Age and its downfall to the Spartan armies. Listen to stories from Greek mythology, and uncover their true meaning and historic facts. Visit all the most emblematic sites of the ancient city, as well as less well known attractions.
Suitable for all ages, the tour will help you understand how Athens became the mythical city we know today. Visit landmarks, such as the Parthenon, Theater of Dionysus, and Temple of Athena Nike. See the ruins of the Temple of Erechtheion and Sanctuary of Asclepius.
Go to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, learn the functions of the Agora, visit the Temple of Hephaestus, and see ancient burial sites and monuments at Keramikos Cemetery.
- English or French-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Meet at the main entrance to the Temple of Olympian Zeus on Vassilissis Olgas Avenue. Look for the guide holding an "Alternative Athens" sign. The nearest Metro station is "Acropolis" (Red Line) (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 60865