See the major attractions of Athens on a private full-day tour. Visit the Acropolis and the Panathinaikos Stadium to experience the culture of the ancient city. Then take a scenic drive to Cape Sounion and marvel at the impressive Temple of Poseidon.
What to Expect
This full-day tour combines the best of Athens with a stunning scenic drive to Cape Sounion. You will travel through some of the city’s most beautiful outer neighborhoods on the way to the cape, site of the miraculous Temple of Poseidon.
Following a hotel pick-up, visit the Panathinaikos Stadium, home to the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, and the only stadium to be built from marble.
View the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus, and go past the parliament buildings to see the changing of the colorful Evzones guards in their traditional amber uniforms.
Continue to the Acropolis, overlooking Athens from its lofty hill. Discover the history of the Pantheon temple, built in the 5th Century BC to honor the goddess Athena. Experience breathtaking views from the Acropolis, and explore the Agora and Keramikos.
Tour the lively Plaka area at the foot of the Acropolis, and see the Monastiraki flea market. Having enjoyed a morning full of beauty and history, relax and enjoy a delicious Greek lunch in one of the many neighborhood restaurants.
After lunch (optional), continue your tour by driving along the beautiful coastal road of Poseidonos Av. One of the most enchanting coastlines in Greece, you will pass through beautiful suburbs, such as Glyfada, Voula, and Varkiza. Make a short stop to see the Vouliagmeni Lake, famous for its healing water.
Once at Cape Sounion, visit the Temple of Poseidon on its proud and strategic point overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea. Enjoy one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in Greece before your return to Athens.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Pick-up and drop-off to/from port or hotel
- Cold water
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the Acropolis Museum opens from 08:00-20:00 and tickets cost EUR 5
• The Acropolis opens from 08:00-19:00 in the summer, and from 08:30-15:00 during the winter season (01 November to 31 March)
• Acropolis multi-ticket costs EUR 12 and include the Temple of Zeus, Ancient Agora, Roman Forum, Kerameikos, and Theatre of Dionysos.
• All sites and museums are closed on 01 January, 25 March, 01 May, 28 October, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day
• Sites open from 12:00-15:00 on Good Friday; from 08:30-15:00 on Holy Saturday; closed Easter Sunday; open from 08:30-15:00 on Easter Monday
• During the summer, please wear light clothes, athletic shoes, and avoid dark colors. Please be aware that the Acropolis is very slippery
• You can purchase tax free items during your shopping trip
• The order of visits may change due to unforeseen circumstances
• Please be advised that the driver cannot escort you inside the sites