Skip the long lines to the Athens Acropolis and explore the fascinating world of Ancient Greece on a 3-hour walking tour that includes a visit to the New Acropolis Museum. Discover the UNESCO-listed archaeological site with a licensed guide.
What to Expect
Enjoy a leisurely stroll to the foothills of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Acropolis of Athens, an ancient citadel and one of the world’s most revealing archaeological sites.
Head for the south slope of the Acropolis to avoid the main crowds. Then, pay your entrance fee and make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await. Along the way, visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater that is often cited as the birthplace of the performing arts. Hear about its history and imagine it filled with the theatergoers of Ancient Greece.
Stop at the Dionysus Sanctuary, dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility. Once inside the Acropolis, get up-close to important sights, such as the Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, Temple of Athena Nike, and Parthenon. Pause to take photos of these fascinating ruins, and learn their history from your guide.
Once at the summit of the sacred hill, take in the sweeping panoramas of Athens. Learn about the excavations, and get an insight into the citadel’s ruins. Hear about surrounding monuments, such as Mars Hill, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the ancient Agora, once the heart of Athens.
Continue on to the New Acropolis Museum, now ranked as one of the top 5 museums in the world. See the highlights of the impressive collection of statues and relics. Go to the Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, where the glass floors reveal excavation sites. End your tour inside the museum, leaving you free to explore its exhibits further should you wish.
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees to the Acropolis (approximately EUR 20 per person) and Acropolis Museum (approximately EUR 5 per person)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional; gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
Pick-up from the Fresko Yogurt Bar, 3 Dionyssiou Areopagitou Street (at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway from Hadrian's Arch to the Acropolis)
What to Remember
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
• Please note that tours do not take place on the following public holidays: 25 and 26 December, New Year's Day (1 January), Easter Sunday, 1 May and 25 March (Greek Independence Day)
• Please note that tours on Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) start at 11:00 and not 09:30
• The tours take place in all weather conditions, rain or shine
• Cancellation 72 hours before the start time: Full refund
• Cancellation 24 hours-72 hours before start time: 50% refund
• Cancellation 0-24 hours before start time: No refund