Through this small-group mythological tour of Athens, you will discover the living remnants of glorious Greek myths. Feel enchanted by the universal truths hidden in ancient Greek myths & the cultural impact they had in the development of human thought.
What to Expect
Ancient Greek mythology includes myriads of myths about the lives of gods and mortals. Since antiquity, the townspeople of Athens have created their own myths about the city and their gods, whom they worshiped in temples and through their rituals.
Your mythological tour of Athens starts around the sacred rock of the Acropolis, where you will discover that the ancient Greek mythology has left its traces in the most unexpected places. Visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and learn about the stories behind the King of gods. Wander the alleys of Plaka neighborhood and discover hidden monuments and shrines where ancient Athenians used to worship their Gods.
After this mystical journey, you will enjoy your coffee in a lovely traditional café. You will then descend towards the ancient market, where glorious myths will follow you once more in a place that used to be the beating heart of the ancient city of Athens. You will make a stop at Areopagus which was the setting of the trial of the God Ares for the murder of Alirrothios, the son of Poseidon. Your mythological tour continues at Mousson hill, where Athenian citizens gathered to make decisions about the issues of the city.
Finally, you will find yourself standing on the most sacred avenue of ancient Athens, the Panathenaic Way where you will listen to the stories and legends that accompany it. The walk will come to an end but the myths you heard will linger in your thoughts for a long time.
- A 4-hour morning walk with an excellent local guide.
- A Greek coffee in a traditional place downtown.
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees to the archaeological site of ancient market (8 euro)
- This tour doesn't include a visit to Acropolis
- Anything else you would like to order or purchase
Know Before You Go
At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
• Cancellation more than 5 days prior to scheduled Experience: Full refund, excluding 20% for administrative and credit card fees
• Cancellation 2-4 days prior to scheduled Experience: 50% refund
• Cancellation 24 hours prior to scheduled Experience: No refund
• No show: No refund