Explore the 17-mile labyrinth of the Cave of the Wind on a tour to north Tenerife. See the symbolic drago tree in Icod de los Vinos and the town of Garachico, where the port was destroyed by a volcano in 1706. Visit the village of Masca and more.
What to Expect
Be one of the first to visit the Cave of the Wind (Cueva del Viento) and explore one of the largest lava tubes in the world. Go underground to tour part of this fascinating labyrinth and get a unique and unforgettable experience in Tenerife.
Continue to Icod de los Vinos, a beautiful town in the north of Tenerife, famous for its wines and one of the oldest and most famous drago trees, said to have mystical powers. Enjoy some time for lunch (own expense) and then pass through Garachico, where the port was destroyed by a volcanic eruption in 1706.
Next, go through the rural oasis of Teno Country Park, and visit the quaint village of Masca, surrounded by mountains. Once a haven for pirates, the village remained isolated until the 20th century and has preserved its traditions.
- Pick-up from locations in the south of Tenerife
- Entrance to the Cave of the Wind (Cueva del Viento)
Meet at the nearest pick-up point to your hotel in the south of Tenerife.
Know Before You Go
• Please wear suitable shoes and clothes (long pants are recommended)
• The tour of the cave lasts 2 hours and is of intermediate difficulty
• Children under 5 years old are not permitted
• People who suffer from claustrophobia, and those with mobility problems in their bones, knees and ankles are not permitted
• Please note that the pick-up service is only available from the south of Tenerife