Enjoy a day of off-road driving in the Sonoran Desert. Relax in comfortable vehicles with the best guides, and drive through diverse terrain. Discover plant and animal life and the beautiful landscape, and see Indian ruins, a river, and marvelous views.
What to Expect
Discover the Sonoran Desert on this Tomcar off-road driving tour. Tours begin in New River at the Road Runner Restaurant and Saloon, an authentic western Saloon. Cowboys and locals offer you a real window into their unique culture.
All tours are lead by knowledgable local guides with know-how of the history, culture, and animal and plant life that inhabit this amazing desert. The Sonoran Desert has surprising natural diversity, boasting 60 mammal, 350 bird, 20 amphibian, over 100 reptile, 30 native fish, over 1,000 native bee, and more than 2,000 native plant species.
With your tour guide leading the way, and with you in the driver's seat, experience the Sonoran Desert up close where you may see javalinas, desert mule deer, coyotes, and rattlesnakes - to name a few. We will also lead you to some of the following attractions: our desert oasis, the old Indian Ruins, a river crossing (when there is running water), a rare fresh water spring, and a spot with gorgeous 360 degree mountain vista views. Come out on a tour and see the desert's true beauty.
- Bandana for nose/mouth
- Price includes BLM Access Fee (3%)
47801 North Black Canyon Highway New River, AZ 85087. We will be waiting for you on the back patio.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please call or e-mail us within 72 hours of the tour
• Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance
• All TomCars are 4-seat vehicles
• 1/2 day Adventure Tours - 3 to 3.5 hours
• All morning adventure tours depart at 8:30 and return at 12:00
• All afternoon adventure tours depart at 14:00 and return at 13:30
• Sunset Adventure Tour - 2.5 hours
• Departs 17:00 and 19:30 depending on the season