Discover the beautiful Green Canyon by boat on a full-day tour of the Taurus Mountains. Swim in the clear waters and enjoy a relaxing day among beautiful scenery on this full-day excursion from Side, Alanya and Antalya.
What to Expect
Have a relaxing day on a boat sailing in one of the world’s most beautiful dam lakes! The Green Canyon will take you to another dimension with its amazing views along its 2 canyons. Nature at its best!
This Green Canyon tour by boat is an ideal way to relieve the stress of daily life and enjoy a day out in a peaceful environment. Suitable for all ages, it will take you onto the Green Lake and through the canyon, surrounded by lush woodlands.
Start at the quay at the lake and cruise about 9 miles (14.5 kilometers) through the emerald green waters of the Green Canyon, taking in the superb surroundings. The area is home to the rare and endangered Brown Fish Owls, so keep your eyes open for the delightful creatures while you tour.
You will stop for a swimming break during the boat tour on the lake. The lunch is at a local lakeside restaurant.
Relax on board the comfortable boat as you travel and grab refreshments from the on board drinks service while taking in the panoramic views of the Taurus Mountains range.
The Oymapinar dam is situated 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) north of Manavgat. Constructed between 1977-1984 it is now the fifth largest dam in Turkey, and the only one to offer boat and fishing trips. When it was completed it was the third largest dam in Turkey, meanwhile, other dams have been built and it has moved down to fifth place. The power station at the Oymanpinar dam has four underground turbines with a capacity of 540 megawatts, which produce 3% of the Turkish electricity. The dam is 185 meters tall, 30 meters thick at the its base and 5 meters at the top. When the lake is full, the water reaches depths of 200 meters.
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel
- Boat trip at Green Canyon with swimming breaks
What to Remember
• Swimming is possible from a platform on the lake, and breaks for swimming will be available during the boat trip
• Please note that the different tours have different prices, depending on your hotel address. Please check your hotel address first and then make your booking
• The tour is possible from Belek hotels for an additional surcharge of EUR 60 for up to 8 people
• Please note the local provider's cancellation policy: full refunds will be given only when the cancellation has been made more than 72 hours before the beginning of the tour
• The pick up place for the Old Town Antalya hotels is the McDonalds next to the ancient Hadrianus Gate
• For pick-up from Kizilagac and Kizilot, please book the Alanya option