Explore the ruins of the Banteay Srey Temple on a full-day tour from Siem Reap, and admire hundreds of fertility carvings at Kbal Spean. Hike through a thick jungle, and cool down by a waterfall. Return to the city for a buffet dinner and dance show.
What to Expect
Enjoy a combined full-day tour of some of the most remote sights of the Angkor complex of the Khmer Empire, and visit the Valley of a 1,000 Lingas.
You will be picked up at your Siem Reap hotel at 08:00 for the drive to Kbal Spean, set deep in the forest northeast of Angkor. A steep, 45-minute jungle walk takes you to the riverbed where you’ll find hundreds of phalluses carved into the rock, depicting mythological motifs of Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, and other Hindu deities
There is a lovely waterfall, which is best seen at the end of the rainy season, and at the top of the falls, you’ll find numerous carved animals.
Continue after lunch to the temple of Bantaey Srey. Located about 16 miles (25 kilometers) from the main Angkor complex. Banteay Srey belonged to the medieval capital of Yasodharapura and Angkor Thom, and is considered a jewel of Khmer art. Admire the carvings in its red sandstone walls, and ornate pediments that depict Khmer legends.
En route back to Siem Reap, stop at a small village to learn how the locals produce sugar from the sugar palm trees. Back in the city, you will be treated to a buffet dinner, while graceful dancers entertain with a traditional Apsara dance show depicting scenes of Cambodian folklore.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in Siem Reap
- Transportation with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and cool towels
- 1-day Ankor Park Pass
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All the services mentioned in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Drinks at restaurant
- Buffet dinner with Apsara Dance Show
- Tips for the guide and driver, and personal expenses
- Any service not mentioned in the program
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy: no show - 100% charge; cancellation 1 week to 1 day before tour - 50% charge; 2-1 week before tour - 30% of tour price; 3-2 weeks before tour - 10 % of tour price; 4 weeks or more - no charge