Immerse yourself in the flavors of Amsterdam on a 5-hour tasting tour of the Pijp neighborhood. Taste delicacies from Holland and its regions, as well as food from around the world, before ending with a cheese tasting and local beer and wine.
What to Expect
Experience the diverse street foods of Amsterdam on a half-day tasting tour of the Pijp neighborhood, and sample foods from Holland and around the world.
Amsterdam is one of the world’s most multicultural urban centers, known for its open mindedness and pluralism. International trade has been at the cornerstone of Amsterdam’s melting pot for centuries, and “Amsterdammers” have always managed to absorb the best of other cultures and mix it into their local traditions.
The tour will take you to Albert Cuyp, Amsterdam's most colorful daily market. Explore the specialty stalls, and taste local delicacies such as cured herring, smoked eel, syrup waffles, puffed pancakes, and more. Explore the narrow streets of the Pijp to find spices from Surinam, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, India, and Morocco. These are just some of the cuisines of Amsterdam’s 176 different nationalities.
Continue along Utrechtsestraat, Amsterdam’s 1st street devoted to food. Get an overview of its wide array of culinary establishments, before going to the Henri Willig Visitors Center for a 45-minute cheese tasting experience. Watch a short film about cheese making in Holland, before a cheese tasting with a specially selected wine or beer.
- Local guide
- Transportation by public transport throughout the tour
- Tastings of several local delicacies
- Cheese tasting, including 2 glasses of wine or 2 bottles of beer
What's Not Included
- Tips (optional) and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Your guide will let you taste the local delicacies in some of the best spots in town. These are places the tour supplier knows and uses on a regular basis. However, they can not take any responsibility for the food that will be served on the day. Please be aware of your dietary and allergic restrictions