On this small-group day tour you’ll travel from Amsterdam by luxurious minivan to picturesque Rotterdam, where you’ll make your first stop and enjoy a harbor cruise. In the afternoon, you’ll explore the towns of The Hague and Delft on guided tours.
What to Expect
Meet your guide and driver just across from Amsterdam’s central station. Board a comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan for the 90-minute ride to Rotterdam, the first destination on this full-day tour.
Rotterdam is the second-largest city in the Netherlands and well known for its commercial harbor. Stop at Spido for a 75-minute boat tour, the best way to view one of one of the world’s largest ports. You’ll see Rotterdam’s imposing skyline, cutting-edge architecture, harbors, shipyards, and docks.
Visit the picturesque city of Delft, the birthplace and final resting place of Dutch master Johannes Vermeer. It is known as the Prince’s City, as countless members of the Dutch royal family have moved here, married here, and have been buried here for centuries.
Explore Delft’s historic town center, filled with historical monuments such as the Old Church, the New Church, and the Town Hall. Visit De Delftse Pauw, a factory specializing in handmade Delft Blue pottery, the most coveted porcelain since the 17th century.
Next stop is The Hague, which, in addition to being the seat of the Dutch government is also the home of the Dutch royal family and the third-largest city in the country. This is the location of most foreign embassies in the Netherlands, and some 150 international organizations, including the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court.
The Hague is also where you’ll find the Peace Palace, a number of royal palaces, the Mauritshuis (featuring works by Vermeer, Rembrandt, and Andy Warhol, among others), and the Binnenhof (the Dutch parliament).
At the end of the tour you’ll be transferred back to Amsterdam, with a better appreciation of life outside the cultural capital.
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Transportation by luxurious minivan with free wifi
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
• You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Minimum participant numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• From March 2017 a luxury Mercedes minivan will be used on this tour