Explore the maritime traditions and history of The Netherlands with a skip-the-line entrance ticket to the National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam. Learn how the Dutch reclaimed land from the sea and more with a free, 60-minute audio tour.
What to Expect
Do you know how the Netherlands became such a powerful nation in the 17th century? The Golden Age – the time of flourishing arts and adventurous journeys – started with the curiosity of the Dutch: what is there behind the dikes? They discovered new lands and made the first descriptions of unknown territories. Look at old atlases: they are full of exciting details!
Your skip-the-line ticket provides access to the story of the Dutch and what lies behind their dikes. Discover how Amsterdam became the greatest harbor on mainland Europe, and how the system of canals was conceived and built.
Excitement, thirst for adventure, and the courage the of sailors made it all possible. Become one of them by climbing aboard a replica of the 18th-century sailing ship. Experience the real sailor’s life and start your own adventures!
Have a great journey with the National Maritime Museum!
- Entrance ticket to the National Maritime Museum.
- Visit to the replica 18th-century ship “Amsterdam”
- Audio tour in 11 languages
Hetscheepvaartmuseum, Kattenburgerplein 1, 1018 KK Amsterdam
What to Remember
• The National Maritime Museum is located in the Old Arsenal (1658), the storehouse of the Royal Dutch Navy, with an Open Courtyard covered by an amazing glass roof. Its lined design repeats one of the old nautical maps and consists of 1200 pieces. You can visit it for free from 09:00 - 17:00 daily
• Some of the exhibitions are specially designed for (young) children
• Discover the stories behind the finest objects in the Museum's collection with a free, 60-minute audio tour