Amsterdam: Canal Cruise and Jewish Cultural Quarter Tickets
- Save money with a combination ticket for a canal cruise and admission to the Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Use one ticket for all locations (valid for one month) and 1 cruise
- Admire the illuminations of hundreds of candles in the synagogue's many brass chandeliers
- Cruise along Amsterdam’s canals and enjoy views of bridges, merchant houses, and other iconic sights
- Get access to all the monuments of the Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Marvel at an imposing 17th-century synagogue
Be amazed by the 17th-century merchant houses of Amsterdam’s Canal Belt, and colorful barge boats that intrepid residents have converted into homes on a 75-minute canal cruise. Travel from the Golden Bend to the city’s newest quarter at Overhoeks. Admire the new Music Building in the harbor, and the historic VOC ship in the docks.
Then, you’ll enter old Amsterdam's Jewish neighborhood with its beautiful synagogues, striking buildings, and impressive monuments. At the heart of this historic neighborhood, which is less than 1 square kilometer in area, you’ll find the Jewish Cultural Quarter.
Travel back in the days of Amsterdam’s Golden Age in the Portuguese Synagogue with it's 17th-century interior that is still fully intact. Visit the Jewish Historical Museum with its engaging JHM Children's Museum, where you can discover all about the Jewish history and culture of The Netherlands, or see the moving National Holocaust Memorial and National Holocaust Museum.
• The National Holocaust Memorial is temporarily closed for renovation from June 30, 2020 onward
• The National Holocaust Museum is temporarily closed for renovation from February 2, 2020 onward
- Entrance to the Portuguese Synagogue
- Entrance to the Jewish Historical Museum
- Entrance to the Children's Museum
- Entrance to the National Holocaust Memorial (temporarily closed for renovation from June 30, 2020 onward)
- Entrance to the National Holocaust Museum (temporarily closed for renovation from February 2, 2020 onward)
- Amsterdam canal cruise
- Audio tour
- Transfer between the Jewish Cultural Quarter and the boat
Prepare for the activity
Boats depart from: Amsterdam Canal Cruises : Stadhouderskade 551, opposite the Heineken Experience Blue Boat Company: Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Café Jewish Cultural Quarter: Portuguese Synagogue - Mr. Visserplein 3 Jewish Historical Museum & Children's Museum - Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1 National Holocaust Museum - Plantage Middenlaan 27 National Holocaust Memorial - Plantage Middenlaan 24Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• The Portuguese Synagogue is closed on Saturdays, Jewish holidays, King's Day, and special events. Please make sure you check http://jck.nl/en/page/opening-hours for the opening hours/days of the Portuguese Synagogue.
• The boats depart from Stadhouderskade 551, opposite the Heineken Experience (Amsterdam Canal Cruises) and Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Café (Blue Boat Company)
• Take Metro 51, 53, 54 from Waterlooplein (near the Jewish Cultural Quarter) to Weesperplein. Here you change to tram 7 or 19 in the direction of Slotermeer or Station Sloterdijk. For Stadhouderskade 551 get out at Frederiksplein. For Stadhouderskade 501 get out at Leidseplein. From here it's a 2-minute walk to the boat