The Great Pyramids of Giza are on everybody’s list of places to see and on this full-day cruise excursion from Alexandria Port you will combine a Pyramid adventure with a trip to the ancient burial grounds of Sakkara.
What to Expect
With a full day to explore on shore from your Alexandria cruise ship terminal, this 13-hour excursion takes in some of Egypt’s must-see sights. After your arrival at Alexandria Port, your Egyptologist guide will meet you on land for the day.
Whisked from ship to shore with no fuss or bother, you will soon be on your way by private air-conditioned vehicle towards the city of Cairo. Relax on the 3-hour journey as you head inland for the pyramids
Located about 11 miles southwest of Cairo, the Great Pyramids of Giza are one of the wonders of the ancient world, and the only one to remain virtually intact. The mysterious monuments are an essential part of your day, but you will also get to visit the great Sphinx and the Valley Temple before lunch at a local restaurant.
Moving on to Sakkara, the tour takes in Egypt's oldest cemetery, where you will see the world's first monumental stone building at the Step Pyramid of King Zoser. Enjoy a trip to one of the magnificent Mastabas before the return journey to Alexandria in time for your cruise ship departure.
Grab one last look at the magnificent silhouettes on the outskirts of Cairo as you head through the desert. With early morning departures from 06:00, you will be back in Alexandria by about 20:00.
- Pick up services from Alexandria Port and return (by the cruise exit door)
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour
- Lunch during your day trip at local restaurant
- Mineral water and cup of tea or coffee during lunch
What's Not Included
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
Know Before You Go
• Egypt Excursions Online representative will wait for you at the front of the port with your name on a sign.
Passport valid for 6 months
Cotton clothes in summer
Warm clothes in winter