Half-Day Golden Gate Catamaran Cruise & Alcatraz Visit
From £70 per personBook now
- Visit Alcatraz Island and explore the notorious prison
- Cruise past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge as you look for sea lions
- Admire the striking skyline of San Francisco, always in sight during your cruise
Admire your surroundings from a protected viewing area, or live on the edge and stand on the canvas trampoline nets with the waves beneath your feet. Pick up a helpful navigation guide providing information about San Francisco's landmarks that you sail past.
Complete the trip by taking the helm from the captain for a chance to steer the boat yourself. The captain and crew are always there, happy to snap a photo or answer your questions about the sights of San Francisco.
If all this excitement makes you hungry or thirsty, there are snacks, soda, beer and wine available at the snack bar. See San Francisco's skyline like never before on this incredible sailing adventure.
The second part of your 4-hour combination package is a ferry ride and a stop to visit the notorious Alcatraz Prison, which served as a federal penitentiary from 1934 to 1963, housing criminals such as Al Capone and Robert Stroud, the Birdman.
Take the award-winning 45-minute cell-house audio tour, and hear the tales of those who lived there. This tour brings history to life through the recounting of stories from correctional officers and prisoners.
Please note that the catamaran cruise does not stop at Alcatraz Island. You will receive a separate ticket for the ferry from San Francisco's Pier 33 to Alcatraz Island.
- 90-minute catamaran cruise (does not stop at Alcatraz Island)
- Ferry ticket and admission to Alcatraz Island
- Refreshments (available for purchase on board)
During the months of June through August you will take the Catamaran Tour (does not stop at Alcatraz Island) at 11:00, which departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions. When you get to Pier 39, stand on the sidewalk and look towards the water. Do not go down the center where the shops are, but take the left outside walkway. Go toward the sea lions and look for Gate J. During the months of March through May and September through December you will Visit Alcatraz in the morning and take the Catamaran Tour at 13:00. Pick up your Alcatraz tickets at the will call/reserved tickets window located at Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33. (Open in Google Maps)
• During the months of March through May and September through December, pick up your ticket at Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33 (your cruise will depart between 08:45 and 09:30). A photo ID is required. Your 13:00 catamaran cruise departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions
• This tour is non-refundable once booked
• Bring a jacket and wear soft-soled shoes. No outside beverages are allowed on board
• This package contains 2 separate cruises – a catamaran cruise on San Francisco Bay that does not stop at Alcatraz Island, and a ferry that takes you from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island
• You must provide the full name of all participants when booking in order to receive your Alcatraz tickets. In the case of incomplete information, you will not receive your tickets or a refund
• The face value of your Alcatraz ticket is $35.50
Product ID: 73799