Swim with one of the world's rarest and smallest dolphins, the Hector's dolphin, in the wild. Spend up to 45 minutes in the water with these amazing animals.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Our Office is on the Main Wharf, Akaroa, New Zealand. Akaroa is located a 90 minutes drive from Christchurch city and Christchurch International Airport.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- No life jackets are provided. You must be able to swim and a basic level of fitness is required
- You will be floating in the water and are required to swim to/ from the boat (distances up to 50m)
- 45 minutes is the max time allowed with dolphins as permitted by the New Zealand Department of Conservation
- Children must be 8 or older and those between 8 to 12 years must be accompanied by an adult swimmer
- You must declare any medical conditions which may limit your participation
- You will need some knowledge of English to understand the safety instructions and emergency procedures. If you do not speak English, you should be able to read and understand the foreign language safety instructions and be confident that you can communicate with the crew using pre-agreed hand signals in the event of an emergency
- When booking, add on an ‘observer’ ticket if you are travelling with a swimmer. If no one in your party is swimming, book the 'Akaroa Harbor 2-Hour Nature Cruise' instead